3dfx setup (was: Re: [lug] <no subject>)

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Sep 12 22:50:18 MDT 1999

On Sun, Sep 12, 1999 at 10:22:48PM -0600, William Old wrote:
>version of the driver.  My problem is that I can only run with one monitor
>resolution 640x480, and ctrl-alt +  does not toggle screen resolutions.
>Do you have any information?

Xconfigurator should give you the ability to specify the resolution
which you want to run in.  Did this not have any higher resolutions?
If not, did you specify the correct amount of RAM on the card?  Try
running Xconfigurator (as root) and twiddle with the options to get
something you like better.

Alternately, you can try changing the lines that say:

	Modes "640x480"

to:

	Modes: "1280x1024"

or the like.  Xconfigurator tends to have a bunch of these definitions
though, so make sure you change all of them (or find the right one and
change it).

Sean
--
 These go to eleven.