[lug] Multi-homed problem revisited.

winrip winrip at diac.com
Mon Sep 13 10:57:57 MDT 1999

Sometime back I posted a problem with multi-homing. A few of you
including myself thought it was related to the routing table, I also
thought it was due to a module conflict. Well it turned out to be the
NICs in the computer or so I think. I was using ne2000 compat's in the
beginning, and only one would work at any given time. Well after making
sure the route table was the way I wanted it to be, I changed one of the
NE cards to a 3com PCI. It still did not correct the problem. Knowing
that the 3com was a good card, I began to suspect the NE ISA card my
have been bad. I replaced the NE ISA with an NE PCI card. When I booted
the machine, to my supprise, both cards were up and working and I could
ping both networks.

 I still don't have a handle on exactly what happened or what exactly
the problem was, but I believe it to be card related or at least module
related. I just wanted to throw this out for future reference and thank
everyone for their ideas.

Bill