[lug] DSL Select

Ken Blount blountmc at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 15 12:45:51 MDT 1999

I know there was some discussion of this a few months or so ago (and it may
have been mentioned here lately - but if so I missed it).  US West's Megabit
Select is now available in the Denver/Boulder area.  I just placed my order
for it.

My notes on it are as follows (you can get more information from their
website):

-  2 hour maximum connection; 5 minute wait to reconnect after the 2 hour
period
-  If you disconnect and wait 5 minutes the 2 hours resets, if you don't
wait they keep counting up to the 2 hours
-  You get warned that things are going down 10 minutes before it happens
-  256K upstream and downstream connections
-  Right now there is no setup fee or activation fee
-  Hardware is free (at least for the internal modem, but I think the
external modem is required for Linux - this particular PC doesn't have Linux
(too many incompatible pieces of hardware, so I just took the free
internal))
-  $19.95/month for Megabit Select connection and $17.95/month for US West
ISP

That's about it.

Ken