[lug] DSL Select

Ken Blount sheared at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 15:17:47 MDT 1999

--- Sean Reifschneider <jafo at tummy.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 12:45:51PM -0600, Ken Blount wrote:
> >-  2 hour maximum connection; 5 minute wait to reconnect after the 2 hour
> >period
>
> I seem to recall that you can also get the eqivalent of busy signals on
> this service.  IMHO, the $5 to $10 more per month is really worth it.
> Our household isn't a typical one though (something like 15 computers
> and 3 people, one of whom is nearly always up).

You can get busy signals, but I thought (and I might be wrong) that the full
connection is $39.99 (versus $19.99) (plus ISP costs).  What I plan on doing is
keeping this until Earthlink offers service in our area (Spring of next year).
Then I'll use the equipment on their service.  For either $49.99 or $40.99 (price
not set yet) you get a full time connection - 512K downstream and 256K upstream.

Ken