[lug] notebook compatibility

Ruskell Todd G Todd.Ruskell at Colorado.EDU
Sun Sep 19 22:27:51 MDT 1999

I experience this regularly on a 486 while in X.  I haven't tested my
theory, but I had been blaming it on the old & slow machine, with an old
and slow IDE controller that took more than its fair share of CPU while
trying to swap lots o' data, or startup large apps like StarOffice. Not
that I try to do that often on a 486 :).

Todd