[lug] PCMCIA Modem swap

John Caswell cyanshadow at angelfire.com
Sat Sep 25 12:05:10 MDT 1999

Greetings.

I recently purchased a 56k (kflex/v.90) pcmcia modem from an online vendor for my linux notebook.  At the last minute they swapped a cardbus modem on me.  Since my notebook is a 486, this modem is practically useless to me.  Is there anyone who has a linux compatible true pcmcia modem with the same specs (56k,kflex,v.90) who would be willing to trade?  The modem I have is generic brand but should be ok.  I haven't been able to test it for obvious reasons.

John Caswell
---
For our fight is not against flesh and blood,
but against the rulers, against the authorities,
against the powers of this dark world and against
the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
 -Ephesians 6:12

If history is to change, let it change!
If the world is to be destroyed, then so be it!
If it is my fate to be destroyed, I must simply laugh!
 -Magus, Chrono Trigger