[lug] PCMCIA Modem swap

John Edwards harkerii at sprintmail.com
Sat Sep 25 22:13:11 MDT 1999

At 11:05 AM 9/25/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>Greetings.
>
>I recently purchased a 56k (kflex/v.90) pcmcia modem from an online vendor
for my linux notebook.  At the last minute they swapped a cardbus modem on
me.  Since my notebook is a 486, this modem is practically useless to me.
Is there anyone who has a linux compatible true pcmcia modem with the same
specs (56k,kflex,v.90) who would be willing to trade?  The modem I have is
generic brand but should be ok.  I haven't been able to test it for obvious
reasons.

>John Caswell

	I'd send the thing back, and make them send me what I'd ordered, or get my
money back.
	Sorry I can't help more than that.  My laptop's modem is only 28.8...

John
Nine megs for the secretaries fair, Seven megs for the hackers scarce
Five megs for the grads in smoky lairs, Three megs for system source;
         One disk to rule them all, One disk to bind them,
    One disk to hold the files, and in the darkness grind 'em.