[lug] printer filter

Ferdinand P. Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Tue Sep 28 09:01:29 MDT 1999

If your Netscape clients are using UNIX systems then you can simply
specify a different print command (under Edit Preferences).

In case you are connecting to the printer server using Samba from
Windows clients then you can configure Samba go use a different printer
que.

In both cases you should be able to use your script, given all the
permissions are correct.

Ferdinand

Mu Wu wrote:

> As a system Adminstrator of a UNIX system,I would like to have more
> control on my printer to prevent user print binary file and to prevent
> user print file which is more than 20 pages.
> I had write a script to deal with these problems, but then user will be
> unable to use the print button of the netscape(it mapes to 'lp'
> command).
> I wonder if there is any printer filter I can use?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Xiaoyun Kong

Ferdinand Schmid
(Staff Engineer)