[lug] hard drive speeds

Ian Hall-Beyer manuka at nerdherd.net
Tue Sep 28 15:07:30 MDT 1999

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Jeffrey B. Siegal wrote:

> There are 14000 RPM drives available, I think.  Not sure if there is anything
> faster.

Much faster than that, and I'd be afraid of having the ones and zeroes
flying off the edge of the platter and lodging themselves in the drive
housing. Digital shrapnel is a rather scary prospect.

-Ian (list newbie)

--
<cosmo> wow, this is kinda nifty. the win98 protocol stack is
like a chinese finger puzzle, twist and turn in the right places,