RAM Prices (was: Re: [lug] hard drive speeds)

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Sep 28 19:49:23 MDT 1999

On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 06:05:26PM -0600, Calvin Dodge wrote:
>> customers $329 for 128M DIMMs. Decent, but far more than we're used to
>
>Especially since two months ago I could get decent 128 meggers via reputable
>mail order for about $85.

Yeah, but those prices were pretty insanely low (not that I was complaining).
Even so though, I think I paid $350 per 256MB Corsair ECC CAS2 DIMM, which
isn't THAT bad.  If you're running NT, you've got money burning a hole in
your pocket anyway.  :-)

>We'll probably put off new computer purchases for as long as possible, and hope
>that RAM prices will come back down again.

If you can wait, prices will always go down.

Sean
--
 What we see depends on mainly what we look for.
                 -- John Lubbock