[lug] Using consoles

Andrew Gilmore gilmorea at fluvial.Colorado.EDU
Wed Sep 29 11:39:23 MDT 1999

On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 10:08:18AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> It should then appear, and will likely be on alt-f8 (the console after
> your other X session at any rate.

Hurrah! I think you've answered a long standing low priority question I had.

I had noticed that after C-A-F2 to get a new login prompt after being in
X on my first login (F1), I'd only get the text screen Xserver output from
startx when I hit A-F1 to go back.

So what you are saying is that my Xserver is happily living on at A-F6 (or
whatever). This is good news, and I'll have to try it.

I figured that there had to be something like this, but I have never seen the
documentation for it. Where is it?

Hurrah again for lurking on a mailing list!

Andrew