[lug] List Membership Exceeds 300!

Charles Morrison cmorrison at info2000.net
Thu Sep 30 15:24:16 MDT 1999

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Wayde Allen wrote:

> ... but I don't want to bore the troops  either.  If we want to do some
>things like you are suggesting we need to get people working on them.

Wayde, I for one have not been bored. :-)
I've enjoyed your laid back leadership style and greatly appreciate your
efforts. Benevolent dictatorships tend to last indefinately (which can be
a problem if the dictator gets burnt out) because the serfs are content.
It's when the dictator becomes oppressive that the serfs rebel.

I personally prefer a democratic community (like the old new england town
politic) to a corporate style board. One person, one vote kind of deal.
Maybe a moderator, even rotating, rather than either a dictator or a
chairman, with a democratic consensus for important decision making.

Well, just some rambling off the top of my head. Sorry if it seems
disjointed.

Chuck Morrison