[lug] date

llornkcor llornkcor at llornkcor.com
Sat Oct 2 08:36:40 MDT 1999

I think it is something else, because I dual boot with windows, and windows has
no problem with CMOS time. I can set the BIOS time correctly, boot windows- no
prob, but if I try to boot into linux, 1/2 hour off.
And I use netdate to set it once I log on to the internet.

> Your BIOS clock is getting out of sync with the real time.
>
> I take care of this thusly:
>
> 1) use xntpd (or ntpdate with a dial-up connection) to be sure the system clock
> is accurate.
> 2) put an executable script in /etc/cron.daily which contains the line
> "/usr/sbin/setclock" (this sets the BIOS clock to the system time)
>
> Calvin
>
> --
> "... she was a calligraphy enthusiast with a slight overbite and hair the color
> of strained peaches. I'll never forget the very first thing she said to me -
> she said: 'Hey, you've got weasels on your face'.
> THAT'S when I knew it was true love!"

llornkcor rocknroll
SpiritShip MultiMedia Recording Studio
http://www.llornkcor.com