[lug] Re: thank you! (Linux newbie)

llornkcor llornkcor at llornkcor.com
Sat Oct 2 15:46:18 MDT 1999

hmm, well Its been a while since I was using redhat 5.x, with the default
WM, so...
try setting things in /etc/
or ~/.Xdefaults, or ~/.Xsession, or
/etc/X11/xinit/Xclients, and xinitrc
or /etc/X11/xdm/*
or /etc/X11/*
or it could be one of those crazy wm config files
sorry I can't be more precise. I use WindowMaker, and its so easy to
configure, that I have forgotten how set up those things, otherwise.
What window manager are you using?

Redhat has an app called hmm, well, its on the Control-panel, and it will
setup the modem. Oh ya, modemtool. It just creates a sym link for you.