[lug] further Red Hat 6.1 info

Calvin Dodge caldodge at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 5 17:07:47 MDT 1999

Doug Dew wrote:

> Does the RH 6.1 distribution still install the GNOME desktop by default?

The choices for installation are (this is done from memory, so please don't
flame me for omissions):

Server
Gnome desktop
KDE desktop
Custom
Upgrade

I didn't notice if Gnome was checked, since I was focusing on the Upgrade
choice.  At any rate, one can easily select which desktop one prefers.

Calvin

--
"... she was a calligraphy enthusiast, with a slight overbite, and hair the
color of strained peaches. I'll never forget the very first thing she said to