[lug] Campus Installfest/ MiniExpo

Glenn Ashton gfa at idiom.com
Tue Oct 5 17:24:49 MDT 1999

Just an update:

For those of you who have volunteered, thanks.  I will keep you posted on
progress.

Here's the update so far:

The Buffalo Chip is willing to help us by securing a room.  We are trying
for a large room with power in the UMC.  I will hear back from them with
the results shortly.

We are shooting for a Saturday in November, with the last Saturday out due
to Thanksgiving weekend.

Once we have a room, we'll have to come up with neat things to do.  I am
pretty sure that this group will not disappoint.

The current plan is Installfest/Miniexpo/HelpDesk probably an all-day
Saturday event (i.e. 9-5 10-6).  This will allow time to actually install
some machines.

Does anyone know anyone in the Computer Science department that we can
talk to about talking this up?

Thanks,

Glenn Ashton