[lug] time for a little humor

llornkcor at llornkcor.com llornkcor at llornkcor.com
Wed Oct 6 08:16:03 MDT 1999

Enjoy-

I was hanging out in a SCSI bar. A loud bandwidth played in the corner. I
gave the place a binary search. I saw a little chip in the corner. She SIMMed
like a pro. I traversed over to her. She pressed her Apples against me. "Hey,
Mac, do you have a hard drive?"

"No, only a floppy" I replied.

"Well, then you need an Amiga" she said. "Vi?"

"Well, if I was your Amiga, we could interface."

We went to a motel on a VESA local bus. The motel was SCSI-2. It needed to
be debugged. "So, how much is this going to cost me?" I queried.

She added it up right away. She had a mind like a..like a.. She could add
really fast. She stripped her binaries. It was quite a procedure. "I'm going
to turn your software into hardware" she transmitted.

She started to spreadsheet. "So, are you ready to RAM?" she called.

I had been auditing everything. I sent a signal. It was time for the trap.
All the agents burst through the gateway. My manager was with them.
"Awk! It's a RAID!" she said.
"Don't arrest me! I'm a motherboard! How will I explain this to my Sun?"

The agents were not responding. They got ready to stop her process. She was
getting desperate. "Hey, I could do a favor for all of you. I'm fully
multitasking."

It didn't work. We're all UNIX.