[lug] kvt

Elizabeth O. Coolbaugh cool at eklektix.com
Wed Oct 6 11:44:45 MDT 1999

Hmm ... it could have something to do with a recent buffer overflow
reported in kvt:

http://securityfocus.com/templates/archive.pike?list=1&date=1999-10-01&thread=19991004114213.C4399@hp.com

and this followup:

RH6.0 shipped with KDE 1.1.1pre2.  KDE 1.1.1+fixes has been in the
RH6.0 updates directory since June and it does not contain kvt.

Apparently the KDE team decided to just stop supporting kvt.

Liz Coolbaugh
cool at lwn.net