[lug] Installfest/ MiniExpo Update

Glenn Ashton gfa at idiom.com
Fri Oct 8 15:20:47 MDT 1999

Chuck Johnson from CU's Buffalo Chip Computer Store has been very
enthusiastic and provided the following info:

> Just got back from UMC Scheduling; the lounge is booked in Novemeber,
> but meeting rooms 158A&B and 159A&B are available on November 20th
> (8AM-6:30PM). I've put a reserve on these pending contact with you.
> Although a little off the beaten track (downstairs from main entrance
> and just off logia), they maybe more suitable, IF some signage is made
> up.

I will be making a site inspection to see if there is enough power etc.
Do we have any thoughts about this?  I think we should have something like
6 or 7 install stations, 3 "help desks" and maybe 6 or 7 exhibits.

Is this too much/ too little?

So the tenative schedule/location is as above unless someone has a major
beef.

Let's get thinking about what we can show off easily and credibly!

The response for volunteers has been really good so far, and everyone is
welcome to help though maybe not all at once...

Thanks,

Glenn Ashton