[lug] Question about KRUD

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at netinfra.net
Sat Oct 9 10:00:22 MDT 1999

On Fri, Oct 08, 1999 at 04:32:36PM -0600, Wayde Allen wrote:
> Yes - It seems that there are some problems with the creation of some
> network sockets that are probably causing the pause during startup.  The
> opening lines in the .xsession-errors file read:

Check you ifconfig, and make sure that the loopback device is up (lo).  Also,
have you recompiled the kernel since the install?  If so, it would be worth it
to re-check the networking options you specified in there.  Makre sure
thatnetworking is turned on, etc.

Judging by those error messages, my personal opinion is that networking is
somewhat fubar'ed on that machine, and it may just need to be re-compiled, or
have that interface turned on (if it's a redhat style environment, 'ifup lo'
should do the trick).

--
Michael J. Pedersen
WhoDP: whodp://earth.activerse.com/pedersen