[lug] FAQomatic software?

Ralf Mattes rm at ns.aura.de
Sun Oct 10 10:49:36 MDT 1999

On Sun, 10 Oct 1999, Chip Atkinson wrote:

> I've heard the term "FAQomatic" and was wondering if there was some
> software that assisted in producing FAQs from mailing lists. Does anyone
> know about this?

FAQ-OMatic is a set of Perl CGIs to run and maintain a web-based
FAQ. You'll find the latest version on CPAN
(www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/FAQ) or directly at
'ftp://ftp.cs.dartmouth.edu/pub/jonh/'. The main website is
'http://www.dartmouth.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/jonh/faq.pl' and of
course it's done with FAQ-OMatic. If you are looking for a
program that monitors mailing lists and generates FAQs then
this won't do (without hacking at least).

 Ralf