[lug] OT- Info on WAN router via Linux

zeb zeb at utalk.org
Sun Oct 10 22:56:32 MDT 1999

This came up on a another list, any info please?

::

Just for a fun review of options, the Unix side of me couldn't help but
find this article interesting from the June issue of Linux Journal
regading the use of a Linux box as a WAN router.

My reason for stumbling across it, is in attempt to find a solution for
connecting the Serial-WAN port of my Cisco 2513 into to simulate a WAN
link without the cost of buying another Cisco just yet.

Unfortunately, this solution mentioned in the article is built around a
$600 interface card that has a CSU/DSU built on-board, but if anyone
else has any experiences with connecting the 60-pin Serial to a linux
box via serial, I would definitely enjoy hearing about it, either on or
offline.

Thanks in advance, and I hope the masses will find this article
interesting.

Sincerely,

Andrew

http://207.178.22.52/lj-issues/issue50/2928.html