[lug] Redhat 6.1 troubles

Justin glowecon at netscape.net
Wed Oct 13 12:12:40 MDT 1999

I've got a working installation of Redhat 6.1 now and I am in the process of
updating all my software and config files from my old linux hard drive. I am
running into a problem though...I got midentd in order for my irc clients
behind the gateway to use ident. Anyhow, in enlightment I tried running the
install script and it locked up my box, just plain froze. I was able to boot
back into console mode and run the install script w/ no problems. I
experienced another lock up in enlightment while running Netscape (4.61 I
believe) when I clicked a link to another site. After this I updated the
packages for Netscape 4.7 and haven't reproduced the lock up. Any ideas why
this might be happening though when I try to compile things in enlightment?
I'm getting tired of rebooting and having to run fsck on the disk. Thanks for
any help.

                     Justin