[lug] Linux & X11

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Thu Oct 14 09:20:47 MDT 1999

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Andrew Tham wrote:

> Date: 10/13/99
>
> I am running RedHat 5.1 Linux. I downloaded a Spice simulation program
> (spice3f5sfix.tar.gz version date is 6/25/99) from
> http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/apps/circuits/spice3f5sfix.tar.gz
>
> When I do the installation, there are error message about many files
> cannot be found when compiling /usr/spice3/src/lib/fte/x11.c

I've tried several times to compile the Spice simulator, and have never
been successful.  If you get it working, I'd be interested in hearing
about the details.  I have had luck getting some of the other simulators
to run.  Als Circuit Simulator (ACS) is one I've had some luck with.
Never had the chance to use it after I got it running though.

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)