[lug] Locking up during Compile

Justin glowecon at netscape.net
Thu Oct 14 18:39:30 MDT 1999

Hello, I am still having problems when trying to compile things on my brand
new Redhat 6.1 install. I did some more testing and this is not happening just
in enlightment (much to my dismay). I was able to lock up the box in console
mode as well when running ./configure for the windowmaker libProplist as well
as windowmaker 0.61.1 itself. I noticed this in the config.log

ltconfig:630: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c  1>&5
collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped
ltconfig: failed program was:
main () { return 0; }
ltconfig:776: checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works

Any ideas?

                            Justin