[lug] Slides from certification talk

Ferdinand P. Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Fri Oct 15 10:54:51 MDT 1999

Oh well,
it is also odd to see .htm extensions in a Linux system.

http://training.eklektix.com/talks/blug-certification/img0.htm

But I am not to point fingers here - our company is still running IIS.  Sometimes
those decisions can't be influenced by the IT worker bees.  I am actually amazed
that MS has the power to change a standard that was set and established by another
large entity (CERN).

Ferdinand

Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 09:26:43AM -0600, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> >I got a couple of requests last night to put the slides from my talk up on
> >the web.  So, here they are:
> >
> >       http://training.eklektix.com/talks/blug-certification/
>
> Ahh, good...  Now we can make sure that the Global Knowledge place is
> actually running ASP extensions under Linux (since they do Linux training
> we're sure they aren't running Microsoft products):
>
> sylvia:/tmp$ telnet db.globalknowledge.com 80
> Trying 206.195.130.230...
> Connected to db.globalknowledge.com.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> GET /
> HTTP/1.1 403 Access Forbidden
> Server: Microsoft-IIS/4.0
> [...]
>
> Doh!  :-)
>
> Sean
> --
>  Put out fires during the daytime.  Do your real work at night.
>  Sleep is just an addiction.  -- Dieter Muller
> Sean Reifschneider, Inimitably Superfluous <jafo at tummy.com>

Ferdinand Schmid
(Staff Engineer)

Architectural Energy Corporation