[lug] ISPs with "reasonable" email policies

Calvin Dodge caldodge at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 20 21:04:58 MDT 1999

John Edwards wrote:

>         Well I for one, would say that anything (and that includes AOHell) would
> be better than Netcom.  I used them for almost a year before bailing on
> them.

Netcom has worked fairly well for me for 3 years (the first ISP I paid for,
BTW) - though that could be just blind luck.

>         I don't know who you can use, unless you can find a local ISP that will
> allow this.  A smaller outfit might be willing to allow you to do this.
> They will probably be more Linux friendly than the big guys too.

Actually, I was contacted by an ISP which will allow emailing from my work
computer (not open relay - they have my IP address on record) - and I'll save
$5 a month, too.  I'm sure that'll work just fine for me.

Calvin

--
"Hey feller! I bet you're still living in your parents' cellar
Downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar

- "It's All About The Pentiums"