[lug] CD-R drives?

Calvin Dodge caldodge at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 20 21:51:23 MDT 1999

"Michael J. Pedersen" wrote:

> Avoid Compaq if you ever want to install Linux.  I think the same is true of

This is a good idea - but if you already HAVE a Compaq, it's not too hard to
put Linux on it.  Just be sure to tell LILO about the Compaq partition on the
hard drive, so you can access it if needed.

And don't panic if your Deskpro EN refuses to see the keyboard when you boot it
to single-user mode - just hit reset, and wait for fsck to finish its task
(sigh).

Calvin

--
"Hey feller! I bet you're still living in your parents' cellar
Downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar

- "It's All About The Pentiums"