[lug] fdisk

llornkcor llornkcor at llornkcor.com
Sun Oct 24 18:21:30 MDT 1999

> Using fdisk, delete partition hda1 and recreate a it with the "correct"
> info - start 1, end 638 then toggle the partition type to win95
> (type b or c). Shouldn't be a problem, you may need to delete
> all partitions and then recreate them per your info above, but you
> shouldn't lose any data.
> I've been known to create these type of problems for myself quite
> a bit over the years :-)

Thanks for the info, I just wanted to be sure that I wouldn't lose any linux
data in the process (as I didn't touch those partitions). Winblows had a problem
with the first partition residing at cylinder 1, so I ended up creating it at
cyl 2, as MS-DOS's default start at 4 seemed to exclude too many bytes. It
seems to work correctly.

LP