[lug] I'm looking for a kind person

Hugh Brown hbrown at byu.edu
Tue Oct 26 07:41:18 MDT 1999

The subnet mask allows the computer to know what traffic to consider
local.  It is a logical AND (I believe).  So you would convert the IP
address and the mask to binary AND them and that tells you what ranges
are acceptable.

Go to
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/tcp2/noframes.html

for a book on TCP/IP networking.