[lug] Font installation question

Gary Masters gmasters at devcg.denver.co.us
Wed Oct 27 07:19:16 MDT 1999

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Michael J. Hammel wrote:

> > 2) Again as root, I added added the FontPath line to the Section
> > "Files" as specified in the gimp directions:
> >
> > FontPath  "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/URW"
> >

> > The URW line follows the FontPath lines for "misc: unscaled",
> > "75dpi: unscaled", and "100dpi: unscaled".  In what appeared to me
> > to be a distribution dependent distinction, the Section "Files" was
> > contained in XF86Config.eg, not XF86Config.
>
> Overkill.  You don't necessarily need to update the XF86Config file, but I
> suppose that works.  I just use

Doesn't RedHat 6.0 use the font server (xfs)?  Will it work correctly
to have part of the fonts accessed via xfs and others via a more
typical FontPath directive?

If the answer to the second question is no, perhaps it would work out
better to add that font to the xfs configuration, and restart xfs.

--
  Gary Masters
  gmasters at devcg.denver.co.us