[lug] rsync compile on RH5.2

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Oct 27 14:31:04 MDT 1999

Does anyone else have rsync compiled on a RH5.2 box?  The compile succeeds
but the link fails with this:

main.o: In function `main':
main.o(.text+0xf33): undefined reference to `ap_signal'
main.o(.text+0xfdf): undefined reference to `ap_signal'
main.o(.text+0xfeb): undefined reference to `ap_signal'
main.o(.text+0xff7): undefined reference to `ap_signal'
main.o(.text+0x1003): undefined reference to `ap_signal'
main.o(.text+0x1012): more undefined references to `ap_signal' follow

These come from calls to signal:

signal(SIGUSR1, sigusr1_handler);

But the call is fine.  Some header file is mucked up, but I can't find
ap_signal in any of the files in rsync, nor can I find it in any header
file under /usr/lib.
--
Michael J. Hammel           | It isn't pollution that's harming the environment.
The Graphics Muse           | It's the impurities in our air and water that are