[lug] off subject: Sun problem.

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Thu Oct 28 13:25:42 MDT 1999

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Jason Cross wrote:

> The tech support people gave me a new power supply for the disks, saying that
> the problem was probably that the external power supply for my disks needed
> to be grounded to the computer case.  That didn't fix it.
>
> Anybody have any clues?  I'd be very greatful for anything to try!!

The first question that comes to my mind is whether or not the SCSI bus is
properly terminated?  Depending on your drive, or the jumper settings on
the drive, it will either be internally terminated or externally
terminated.  Consequently it makes a difference how you connect the
device to your SCSI controller.  Could this be it?

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)