[lug] AARGGG! ADSL and NAT.

Bruce Yelen byelen at atlas.csd.net
Fri Oct 29 09:52:31 MDT 1999

Hi Jason,

You need to configure the NAT (Network Address Translation) on your router
to directect any incoming packets for the port you're using for your X
display.  If you're setting your DISPLAY parm to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:0, the
port would be 6000. It's normally the display ID (ie :n) plus 600.
(..xxx:1 would be 6001).

Regards,

Bruce