[lug] AARGGG! ADSL and NAT.

Brian Ketelsen ytseman at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 13:27:59 MST 1999

Since we're on this topic, I was wondering if anyone knew how to set
static IP addresses on the clients behind the Cisco.  The Cisco docs
state that if the 675 receives it's IP address using DHCP then it
must also be a DHCP server for the internal network.  Can I set the
DHCP IP Pool to something like 10.10.10.* and assign static IPs on
the same subnet to the machines on the network and just ignore the
DHCP service on the Cisco box?
I'd like to be able to use the incoming port forwarding feature of
the built-in NAT, but it seems to me that if I used DHCP internally
I'd end up remapping ports everytime I lost a lease and rebooted.

Thanks,

Brian Ketelsen

=====