[lug] New CU Miniexpo/ Installfest Update

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Wed Nov 3 14:52:36 MST 1999

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Glenn Ashton wrote:

> Here is the latest:
>
> I will be meeting with ChucK Johnson of the Buffalo Chip tomorrow at
> 12:30pm to do a site survey.
>
> Chuck has said that he will be getting the network jacks activated so that
> we will have T1 access to the internet.
>
> Chuck has contacted Redhat and Metrowerks to get product info and
> marketing support materials.
>
> If anyone has an interest in meeting with Chuck and I tomorrow or has any
> concerns please email me.

Actually it is sounding like things are beginning to come together.
I would be interested in seeing a list of the demonstrations and
volunteers that you have so far though.  How about a list of
demonstrations you'd like that you still need volunteers for too?

> Publicity:
>
> Chuck will be providing an announcement to the campus community.
>
> Other than our list, would it be appropriate to send out an email notice
> to other area Lugs?  Can someone volunteer to head that up?

I can make sure the other LUG's know about this.  Actually, you probably
just did, but I can forward any announcements you want to the lugmeta
list.  I think that PPLUG is the only LUG that isn't represented on
lugmeta, and I can send a copy to them.  We also need to get an
announcement sent to the BLUG announce list.  I think there are another
100 subscribers that hang out over there.  Unlike the main BLUG discussion
area we only post meeting and event announcements to BLUG announce.

Do you want flyers to pass out describing the different LUG's in the area?

Do you also want to try attracting the merely curious?  In that case, you
might want to get some flyers made up and scattered around town at the
computer stores.  What about cross posting to Rocky Mountain Internet
Users, etc.?

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)