[lug] question about dhcpd & dhcpcd

arnie asherman1 at uswest.net
Fri Nov 5 01:05:28 MST 1999

Hi,
I am trying to figure out how to set up my Linux machine for DSL access.

I have a lot of questions, as I am new to setting up networking, but for
now
lets start with one...

In setting up a machine single as a client only, not a server, will I
need
to run and configure the dhcpd, or only the client daemon dhcpcd? I will

not be trying to set up IP Masquerading, etc. I'll save that for a later
point
when I have a better understanding of networking. For now, I think I'll
have plenty to try to figure out just setting up access to the net.
thanks,
--
arnie sherman
frenomulax at bigfoot.com

"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now, only much, much
better."
   - Laurie Anderson