[lug] Press Draft

John Edwards harkerii at sprintmail.com
Fri Nov 5 13:02:01 MST 1999

At 12:20 PM 11/5/1999 -0700, you wrote:

>I was told that Linux Mall would call me back as they did
>want to join in the fun.

	It would be nice to have some names that are recognizable to the public
(ie: Red Hat) there.  Linux Mall will get some free advertisement as well.
	Damn, I wish I could be there.
	However, I do agree with the sentiments of David.  Keep any releases nice.
 Do not resort to name calling (it appears childish, whatever we may really
think).  Come across in a professional manner.
	One more thing, for everybody planning on being there.  It's a real
possibility that MS people will try to have you removed from the property.
Property management will back them, since they are paying for the space.
Be prepared, and Don't cause trouble.  We want to make Linux advocates the
good guys, not a bunch of radicals.  If asked to leave, do so.  Maybe
retire to someplace neutral where people can gather after Microsoft's show
and hear what you have to say.  There is a restaurant near by (although I
don't recall the name off hand) and I'm certain they'll love the business...

John
If Life is just a highway, then the soul is just a car
and objects in the rear-view window may appear closer
han they are.	                                 Meatloaf