[lug] upgrade to red hat 6.1 problem

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Fri Nov 5 13:26:51 MST 1999

Manny Roque wrote:

> cd. it seems that when the installation program goes to search my hard
> drive for the installed packages, i get an error stating that my
> /dev/hda drive is not mountable.
[snip]
> perplexing to say the least. i was wondering if anyone else has had this
> problem or if this is a bug in the installation program for the linux
> mall cd or red hats official distribution ?

There's a new install image available at
http://www.redhat.com/corp/support/errata/RHEA1999045-01.html, but I don't know
if that will solve your problem.

Would you care to tell us a bit more about the error messages?  What make and
model of motherboard and hard drive are you using?  What's the partition layout
like?

I suppose you _might_ be able to upgrade your system by cd'ing to the RPMS
directory on the CD-ROM, then doing an "rpm -F *.rpm".

Calvin

--
"Hey feller! I bet you're still living in your parents' cellar
Downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar

- "It's All About The Pentiums"