[lug] Press Draft

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Nov 5 11:39:18 MST 1999

Thus spoke Robert L. Harris
> Dear Sir/Ma'am,
>   We would like to invite you to come out and enjoy a nice morning of
> fun, entertainment and education with us.  Micro$oft is doing a nice
> Dog and Pony show for Win2K This Saturday at the UA Greenwood Plaza,
> 8141 E. Arapahoe Road.

1. Spell it Microsoft
2. Replace "Dog and Pony" with "demonstration".

Leaving these the way you have them makes the Linux community continue to
look like we're obsessed with hating Microsoft.  Present it in a positive
tone (promoting Linux) instead of a negative one (bashing Microsoft).  This
is mostly because those who already dislike MS have switched over, so now
you have to convince those who don't feel quite so offended by MS.  They
may not be so receptive to the negative presentation.

>   In addition we will be there, outside socializing, relaxing and trying
> to inform the genral public of the Alternative to Windows, Linux.  This
> is a semi-organized, friendly gathering with the main goal to be
> education of the user base available.

Very good.

>   We will be handing out CD's miscelaneous items from some vendors
> and answer any questions we can.

miscellaneous

> Thank you for your time,
>   North Colorado Linux Users Group
>   Boulder Linux User Group
>   Colorado Linux Users and Enthusiasts

Just change those two items and I think this is fine.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |   Democracy is a beautiful thing, except for that