[lug] Press Draft

Jeffrey B. Siegal jbs at quiotix.com
Fri Nov 5 16:29:50 MST 1999

"Robert L. Harris" wrote:
> Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Replace with "Press Advisory"

>   We would like to invite you to come out and enjoy a nice

Replace with "Three local Linux Users Groups will be hosting a"

> morning of fun, entertainment and education with us.

Remove "with us"

> Micro$oft is doing a nice
> Dog and Pony show for Win2K This Saturday at the UA Greenwood Plaza,
> 8141 E. Arapahoe Road.

Replace with "These activies will timed to coincide with Microsoft's
Windows 2000 presentation at..."

>   In addition we will be there, outside socializing, relaxing and trying
> to inform the genral public of the Alternative to Windows, Linux.

Replace with "Members of these groups will be socializing, relaxing, and
informing the public of the advantages of the Linux operating system."

> This
is a semi-organized, friendly gathering with the main goal to be
education of the user base available.

Remove, redundant.

>   We will be handing out CD's miscelaneous items from some vendors

"some vendors" -> "leading Linux vendors"

> and answer any questions we can.

"any questions we can" -> "questions from the press and public."

> Thank you for your time,

Remove

>   North Colorado Linux Users Group
>   Boulder Linux User Group
>   Colorado Linux Users and Enthusiasts

Add:

"Press contact: [person] [phone number]"