[lug] question about dhcpd & dhcpcd

arnie asherman1 at uswest.net
Fri Nov 5 17:11:32 MST 1999

Well, I issued the 3 commands below, and ifconfig eth0 showed my nic as
recognized & configured.
I then rebooted to win95 to check on email, etc, and the system hung. I rebooted
3 times
before I could get back to win95. A bit disconcerting, as I do need to use win95
for
several reasons, and really don't want to have to apply the Microsoft cure-all
(reinstall
windows). When I reboot to Linux and do ifconfig eth0 all the settings are gone.

Is there something in these 3 commands which should cause a hardware conflict w/
windows? Doesn't
seem so from my limited knowledge, but there was some problem there.
Also, should these settings be saved when I reboot to Linux? Or do I need to add
them to a config file somewhere?
thanks,
--
arnie sherman
frenomulax at bigfoot.com

"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now, only much, much better."
   - Laurie Anderson