[lug] CD Handout Day

Robert L. Harris nomad at rnd-consulting.com
Sat Nov 6 13:11:02 MST 1999

Ok,
  I'm copying and converting the pictures from today.  As soon as I get
them done and a basic html page I will be sending them to Dave from
LinuxMall.com.  He's volunteered to host the pictures in one central
archive for all of us and will add the pictures he took also.

  Can those who attended plese send me correct spelling of your names
so I can make sure I have them straight.

  MANY MANY thanks to Dave Shaw for bringing 300+ CDs, Tux dolls to
hand out (these were a huge success), bumper stickers and other assored
items.  I did get a box from RedHat, they didn't have enough notice
to put any CDs in, but we did have 30 or so Red baseball caps, frisbees
and bumpber stickers.

  The turnout wasn't the best, but we did talk to alot of people and
we gave out all but 4 cds in in less than 40 minutes.

  Afterwards we went in and introduced ourselves to the Windows on the
Rockies User Group.  Very nice people, we got a few pictures and two
of them requested Tux's from Dave.

  Since I carried the big Tux inside and had the pictures taken, he let
me keep the big Tux.   My son loves it....   Another new recruit...

  I guess I'll be volunteering to be the central contact for future events
like this.  Hopefully we'll have more than 1.5 days notice for organization
and planning.  If you hear of any more events where we can hand out CDs
and meet so many people, please let me know, even if you won't be able
to make it yourself.

  We met alot of people and spread the word.  Hope to see more of you at
the next event.

Keep hacking,
  Robert

Robert L. Harris                |   "A person is smart;
Senior System Engineer          |        People are dumb, panicky
  R&D Consulting.               \_            dangerous animals"  - Agent K

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: