[lug] Linux University Invitation (fwd)

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Mon Nov 8 09:59:23 MST 1999

> Join us for SGI's Linux University
> coming to Denver on Tuesday, November 30, 1999
>
> Whether you're a technical end user or an IS/IT decision maker, invite
> your colleagues and come to SGI's Linux University, a FREE half day event,
> on Tuesday, November 30, 1999, from 8:00 am to 12:30 pm, to learn more
> about this emerging operating system, culture and the importance of Linux
> to your organization.
>
> Agenda:
> 8:00 - 8:30 Registration/Continental Breakfast
> 8:30 - 9:30 Morning Keynotes
	Peter H. Salus, Editorial Director of SSC, the publishers of Linux
Journal    Peter has been Executive Director of the USENIX Association, Vice
President of the Free Software Foundation, and Director of The Tcl/Tk
Consortium.  Dr. Salus is the author of A Quarter Century of UNIX
(Addison-Wesley 1994) and Casting the Net (A-W 1995) and innumerable columns
in networking and computer periodicals.  He is Editor in Chief of the
Handbook of Programming Languages (4 vols., Macmillan 1998).  He has spoken
at USENIX, SAGE, SANE, UniForum Canada, the Atlanta Linux Expo, the UKUUG,
the NLUUG, the BUUG/OTA, and several other European conferences.  Dr. Salus
has also appeared on PC-TV, the BBC, and the Discovery Channel as a UNIX
historian and enthusiast.
	Kurt Akeley, Sr. Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, SGI
Mr. Akeley co-founded SGI in 1982; he is responsible for providing technical
direction and evaluation of the company's strategy and its execution.
Previously, he was vice president and chief engineer, responsible for
leading hardware and software graphics for the company's high-end products.
Akeley has been awarded 11 patents.  Prior to joining SGI, Akeley was a
Research Assistant at Stanford University.