[lug] System.map

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Mon Nov 8 15:44:20 MST 1999

"Howell, Jeff S" wrote:

> So how does one fix this?

Ah, right. A new System.map is generated in the top-level of the
kernel source tree every time a new kernel is made. This should
be copied into the /boot directory.

I always copy my System.map to a version specific file-name and
make a symlink. Currently my /boot/System.map looks like this:

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           35 Oct 16 17:38 System.map -> ./System.map-2.2.13pre17+raid+ipsec

--
Rob Riggs
Technical Staff