[lug] taking stuff to the Installfest

Charles Morrison cmorrison at info2000.net
Mon Nov 8 18:33:46 MST 1999

On Mon, 08 Nov 1999, you wrote:

> I'd personally like to see some more demos of Linux being used for real
> world applications.  How about:
>     Business Software  - Spreadsheets, Wordprocessors, Business Databases
>                          ApplixWare, Star Office

I'm hoping to have a VA Box there running all these, or at least a
representative sample.

>     Programming - PERL, Python, C, C++, etc.

I'll probably have an IBM laptop with some programming stuff on it. I have
metrowerks Code Warrior (not that I've used it much, BxPro and some other stuff
too, all legal BTW).

>     MSWindows Compatibility - WINE, DOSEMU, How does one work with MSWord
>                               and Excel Documents?

I hope to have VMWare set up on at least one of these machines. (yea, I know
you have to run windows in there, but I'd be real nervous about demoing WINE
or at least representing it to run very many windows proggies)

--
Chuck Morrison
Sr. Systems Engineer