[lug] BLUG 99 CU Linux Installfest

Michael J. Pedersen marvin at netinfra.net
Tue Nov 9 07:20:49 MST 1999

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 04:06:47PM -0700, Wayde Allen wrote:
> > 	It is good  to see that LaTeX / LyX will be part of the show.  It
> > will be worth mentioning that the central philosophy of a typesetting
> > language is different / better than that of a WYSIWYG word processor; also
> > (especially for this audience) that more theses and dissertations have been
> > written in LaTeX than you could shake a stick at.
>
> Hmmm ... perhaps I missed something since I didn't see anyone mentioning
> that there would be a demo of LaTeX / LyX.  Who is doing this?  I agree
> that someone should put this together though.

That would, most likely, be me.  I've got a few files which I've worked on in
the past which can be used to show some of the power of what can be done.  I'm
a big proponent of the whole thing.  Though I'm starting to look at SGML and
DocBook now, too.  Just wish I could get that book on it this week.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
WhoDP: whodp://earth.activerse.com/pedersen