[lug] Rolodex Rex

Kyle Moore kmoore at trustamerica.com
Tue Nov 9 13:51:34 MST 1999

I have been thinking about this neat little product for awhile and would
like to get it but don't know if I'll be able to make it work with
Linux. It is the Rolodex Rex. It is this little card that stores
information for you (like a PIM). The cool thing is, it comes with a
docking station and the card will also fit in a PCMCIA slot. It will
sync with a lot of different software and it also says it does ASCII.

I am wondering if anyone in the group has ever written software for
something like this. I know I can write a program to do whatever I want
to with the text once I get it (dumping to a database sounds
interesting) but I don't have a clue what I would do to make the docking
station talk to the Linux box. Does this fall under writing device
drivers or what?

If someone could point me to more information on the subject or give me
some insight on how hard this might be, I would really appreciate it.

--

----
Kyle Moore
Email: kmoore at trustamerica.com