[lug] HeathKit--linux

Glenn Ashton gfa at idiom.com
Wed Nov 10 09:05:49 MST 1999

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Michael J. Pedersen wrote:

> I know of no such resource directly.  However, I myself have done it, as have
> others.  Glenn, maybe this is something we should consider demo'ing at the
> installfest?

This is what I had in mind for the "help desk" area.  I think that the
idea is to have a living "knowledge base" to tap and point people in the
right direction on the web.  By putting a face to Linux, people will see
that it isn't all that challenging (at least not in a bad way).

I don't think we want to build a box from scratch as a demo though- unless
we are merely deconstructing something and rebuilding it.  I could be
wrong about this- does anyone else have any ideas on this issue?

-Glenn Ashton