[lug] transfer rates on 10mb ethernet

Ian Hall-Beyer manuka at nerdherd.net
Wed Nov 10 10:54:40 MST 1999

On Tue, 9 Nov 1999 19:50:44 -0700, Sean Reifschneider wrote:

>I was really digging them until about 6 months ago when they changed
>the chipset and it started requiring that you ping from a remote host
>before the driver would come up.  Netgear distributed a fixed driver
>for Linux -- in a Self-extracting ZIP file.  <sigh>
>
>I don't know if these changes have been propogated into a production
>kernel.

They seem to have, since I'm not having any problems with it (the fix
was pre-2.2.5, if that's the case) - I recall initially having troubles
with my D1 rev card, and then after a while, linux stopped hating it
(somewhere around 2.2.4, I think)

-Ian
--
<cosmo> wow, this is kinda nifty. the Win98 protocol stack is like a chinese puzzle, twist and turn in the right places, and it pops right off.
                                                                   -Seen on EFNet IRC